Thursday, 14 May 2015

Venlafaxine to blame?

I was writing this some weeks ago. I think part of my problem is coming off Venlafaxine aka Effexor too quickly.

I was in a better mood when I started to write it, I think.

What can I say? It's a dangerous anti-depressant that can have very severe consequences on your mental health. If anybody happens to read this and they are struggling to come off this horrible medication, don't rush it. I know the feeling of wanting to expel it from your system as quickly as possible, because you hope that in doing so the awful side effects will leave you more quickly.

It's not true. Your brain has to have time to readjust, so gently does it. Take six months of feeling awful. A year if need be. But never think you can stop it in two weeks. Brain zaps are nothing in comparison to the extreme levels of anxiety and depression you feel as your brain tries desperately to get used to not having it there at all any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment