Friday, 15 May 2015

And breathe!

I'm feeling much better today. I'm actually not built to be depressed for too long. I'm usually too anxious for that to happen!

I also discovered that Effexor/venlafaxine can cause low levels of magnesium. This is a problem because magnesium has a role in anxiety. Exactly what role I think scientists are not too sure!

So I scuttled out a multi-vitamin which happened to include Mg and popped that. (Actually I spent about 20 minutes chewing through it. It was massive and there was no way I could swallow it in one go!) I then went and took my cod liver oil which includes omega 3, that's also supposed to be good for sorting your brain out.

Oddly  started to feel almost immediately better after taking the Mg. Placebo or not I do not care. I felt less anxious and was happy...until...Yeah, then I discovered the bloody idiots added vitamin A at an RDA of 100% to both tablets. Now why the hell would you do that with cod liver oil?! Thankfully I don't have toxicity after a single dose, but bloody hell, companies need to be clearer about this sort of thing. Imagine if you're talking a multi-vit and a few other supplements, it wouldn't take much before you're overdosing on one vitamin or another. God only knows what the exact long term effects would be of OD-ing on vits, I have no desire to trawl the internet and check every variety of every one because there are so many. And that is the problem.

But I am in a happier mood :p I get to blame big pharma for messing with my brain, and I get to blame small pharma for potentially causing people to OD on supposedly harmless vitamins and minerals! Blaming someone else instead of myself is marvellously joyous after continually beating yourself up for weeks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment